Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Secret behind Paulo Coelho and Dan Brown

Several years ago when I read “The Alchemist” there was one line which struck me hard, the idea that if you really want something the entire Universe conspires to get that to you. An amazing thought, a powerful tool, I have seen popular renditions of this belief, be it the Bollywood movie 'Om Shanti Om'.
2 years ago when Dan Brown’s much awaited novel “The Lost Symbol” released, I read it too hungrily, not imparting the justice that I should have in terms of time I spent, to comprehend its entirety. So when I read it again, enjoying every word of it like a sip of my morning chai, it did open up new vistas. The book deals with Noetic science, a not so famous discipline, which promotes measurement of thoughts.  If each thought can be measured, several of such thoughts will possess the authority to enforce a change. Food for thought I must admit.
And while I am reading Rhonda Byrne’s “The Secret”, I realize that it echoes something similar.
“The Secret is the law of attraction!
Everything that's coming into your life you are attracting into your life. And it's attracted to you by virtue of the images you're holding in your mind. It's what you're thinking.

Whatever is going on in your mind you are attracting to you.”

Isn’t it incredible, people from different backgrounds speaking the same language, sharing the same mantra? The power of positive thinking, armored with Belief and Faith, let you achieve what you always wanted.
I am certain that when a person really wants something in life he/she WILL get it. Once a thought manifests itself in our mind and soul, we make it happen, make it real, there is just no stopping! Such potent are desire, faith and hope, they don’t let you fail.
Not a “Weakday” this Thursday!
Cheers !!

No comments:

Post a Comment